The Transition Network is proud to be hosting the first international conference of the Transition Movement. From its inception in 2007, the Transition Movement has grown and spread to all corners of the globe, and this gathering will showcase some of the best and most innovative ideas, organizations, and projects that have come out of this worldwide experiment in creating resilient communities. As always, this conference will be about you. We will all be contributing (as we all do in Transition) our experience, our hopes, and our dreams.
- For the first time, we will be offering a fully-participatory global webcast as part of the conference proceedings.
- 50 representatives from 25 National Hubs will be meeting for their annual gathering prior to, during, and after the Conference, bringing a broad range of voices from across the world of Transition.
- Friday 18th is dedicated to full-day workshops covering a range of Transition skills and topics, from Housing to Personal Resilience.
- There will be, for the first time, a full childrens programme provided for those wishing to bring and involve their kids.
- We are embracing the Gift Economy as a crucial tenet of our commitment to affordability, accessibility, and inclusion.