This Sustainable Communities Conversation will focus on ways to diversify Sarasota County’s economy. Sarasota County businesses are creating jobs in several sectors of the green economy, but how do we increase that job growth and what other sectors represent opportunities for sustainable growth?
A panel of local business representatives will discuss the current status of their sector, followed by a discussion about what improvements can be made to sustainably increase our community’s economic development.
- Jennifer Taylor, Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County (Moderator)
- Tim Rummage, Ringling School of Art and Design (Agriculture)
- Bayne Beecher, PGT Industries (Manufacturing)
- Andrew Tanner, Region Solar (Energy)
- Michael Carlson, Carlson Studio Architecture (Construction)
The workshop will take place in the Academic Center on the Ringling College of Art & Design's campus. For a map of the location, please click here. For answers to your questions or additional information, please contact Sara Kane at (941) 861-9802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.