Roots of Herbalism explores the philosophies of ecological herbalism, the practices of herbal nutrition, and the foundations of holistic health. Students learn to make their own herbal preparations, including tisanes and tinctures, to apply the knowledge they learn about the plants.
- Discover your relationship to plants and the environment, and its impact on your personal health.
- Explore the theory, philosophy, and history of ecological herbalism and ethnobotany.
- Understand the role of the nervous system and emotional, mental, and spiritual health in our physical wellbeing.
- Learn techniques to integrate herbal wellness into a daily lifestyle practice.
- Discuss important foundational nutritional principles to nourish your body’s own healing capacity.
- Learn the botanical classification, parts used, and prominent medicinal uses of over 20 herbs from subtropical western Materia Medica, to begin building your knowledge of herbs.
- Explore through hands-on experience how to make your own herbal preparations to apply your herbal knowledge through practical application, including tisanes, tinctures, and topical applications.
- Learn how to integrate these ancient teachings into our modern-day world.
Tuition is $260, which includes herbal materials and the course textbook, Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health. Save $50 when you register before May 31st. 12 CEUs are offered for Acupuncturists, Massage Therapists, Dietitians, Nurses, and Midwives in the state of Florida for an additional $15 processing fee.