Formerly known as "Training For Transition" or T4T, Transition Launch is designed to provide you with a detailed introduction to the most important skills necessary to successfully set up, develop, and run a Transition initiative in your locality. It is designed for anyone who is already part of a group working to achieve this or is considering of creating such a group.
By the end of this two-day course participants will have:
- A clear understanding of the context for Transition, as well as the transformational possibilities that arise from confronting global economic and environmental crises.
- Behind-the-scenes knowledge of the "12 Steps of Transition" from setting up an initiating group to organizing awareness-raising efforts and practical projects to managing effective working groups and creating a community-wide Energy Descent Action Plan.
- Experience working with a variety of highly-engaging group facilitation techniques including guided visioning, The Work That Reconnects, Open Space Technology, and more.
- Strong connections with Transition leaders and organizations locally, nationally, and worldwide.
- A detailed plan of action for yourself and your initiative moving forward.
This training closely follows the Transition model in cultivating both the outer and inner capacities necessary for dynamic and effective leadership. it is participatory, multi-faceted, and fun, with participants encouraged to share their own experiences and learn from those of their peers.
Don Hall is the founder and Executive Director of Transition Sarasota. Previously, he served as the Education and Outreach Coordinator for Transition Colorado, the first official Transition Initiative in North America and a statewide hub. Don holds a Master's in Environmental Leadership from Naropa University and is a certified Permaculture Designer.
Rebecca Blanco is the founder and chair of The Bridge, a nonprofit organization designed to promote individual, social, and ecological well-being. Rebecca has a Ph.D. in counseling psychology and is dedicated to the work of eco-psychology and the “inner Transition”. She has also been an active member of the Transition Tampa Steering Group.
Logistics and Registration
$175 per person. Includes lunch, snacks, and refreshments both days. Need-based scholarships are available and Community Supported Transition membership discounts apply.
Please click on the button below to register online via Paypal or mail a check to Transition Sarasota c/o the Peace Education & Action Center to P.O. Box 2540, Sarasota, FL 34230. If paying by check, write "Transition Launch" in the memo and include an email address where we can send you additional details as the training approaches.
If you are coming from out-of-town and would like to stay with a local Transitioner, or if you live nearby and have an extra room you're willing to offer, please let us know. We're also happy to recommend local hotels upon request.